How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our family struck in Houston Airport while coming from India

Customer Question

Our family struck in Houston Airport while coming from India on Business Visa. The officers are trying to send them back to India right from the Airport itself. Can anyone one of you can talk to Houston Airport Authorities. What are our rights in this situation?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed Texas attorney with immigration law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Can anyone one of you can talk to Houston Airport Authorities. What are our rights in this situation?" I am truly sorry for your circumstances, and I hope things soon look brighter for you and your family. Regrettably, we legal experts serving in this online venue are not allowed to make such contacts. However, I will be glad to point you in the right direction. You need to call the Consulate General of India in Houston. Here are the telephone numbers (the first is the main one, the following ones are additional ones): (713) 626-2148, (713) 626-2149, (713) 621-5576, (713) 621-8408.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We spoke to Airport Officers and they say there is no need of hiring an attorney and they say theit higher officers decided her to send back. Can my family have rights to tell Airport Authorities to hire an attorney and deny signing any documentation at the airport without her Attorney?


What are our rights?

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Hello again,


Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.


I have opted out (without charge). My attorney colleagues are able to view your question, and a fellow legal expert can provide an answer if they choose to do so.


I would like to wish you all the best and truly hope you see this matter resolved for your son.


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please do not reply to this post as doing so will delay handling of your inquiry.]

Related Legal Questions