How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56556
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been threatened with action to declare me unable to

Customer Question

I have been threatened with action to declare me unable to manage my estate and my annuities . I am an elderly man, but in my right mind and i live on a farm with my daughter and my son in law. Both are in school and I am helping my daughter start a business with horses. I have a banker handling my annuities and he had a friend who was a lawyer and he helped me draft a will at one point. Now they are both threatening to petition that I am a vulnerable adult and the lawyer keeps saying he is my lawyer. I never hired him and I was told when I set up the annuities that I could withdraw whatever I choose as I see fit. Now all of this is happening. Is this legal and how can I stop this harassment?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.

I am a legal expert at Justanswer. I have reviewed your question and will be helping you today. The burden is on them to prove you not competent. Having a lawyer on hand to send a warning letter and also defend against such an application. Also having a doctor confirm your mental state would help.
INFOLAWYER and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What type of lawyer will i need
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
You want a lawyer who handles estates law and elder law. See