Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

can a owner of commercial property get thrown out of which

Customer Question
he owns 50% i also...
can a owner of commercial property get thrown out of which he owns 50% i also rent the property back if i fell behind on some rent payments. there is no agreement between the partners just a lease.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2011
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 6 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Do you mean that you have an ownership interest in the property?
yes,i own 50% and i also run my bussiness out of there .
Thank you, you cannot be evicted because you own the building, even if only one other party owns the remaining 50%, that would yield a stalemate where you cannot be evicted unless there is a written agreement where you agreed to submit to the owner's actions despite your 50% ownership. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
MShore
MShore
MShore, Attorney