Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Like an idiot, we gave a large (7500.00) deposit to a contractor...short

Customer Question
story, no work and he...
Like an idiot, we gave a large (7500.00) deposit to a contractor...short story, no work and he will not return calls.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2011
Lawyer: LADYLAWYER, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer

LADYLAWYER :

Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today.

LADYLAWYER :

You have several options here. You can sue him for the money, file a complaint against his licesne and/or file a complaint with the TX Attorney General.

LADYLAWYER :

You can do all three, which is what I would suggest.

LADYLAWYER :

TX has a 10K small claims limit so you do not even need an attorney to sue him.

LADYLAWYER :

To get the ball rolling there, just go down to your local court house and fill out the small claims paperwork, turn it back in and pay the filing fee and then your case is open.

LADYLAWYER :

And here is who you would contact to file a complaint against his license:

LADYLAWYER :

Texas
Corporations Section
Office of the Secretary of State
P.O. Box 13697
Austin, TXNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>512-463-5555
http://www.license.state.tx.us/

LADYLAWYER :

And here is the link you would need to file a complaint with the TX Attorney General:

LADYLAWYER :

Please just let me know if you have any more questions. :) If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Customer:

Thank you. I think that does it.

LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer