How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been on Workers Comp. since January 27, 2011 because I

Resolved Question:

I've been on Workers Comp. since January 27, 2011 because I hurt my elbow, which radiated to my wrist and shoulder. Comp. is being discontinued but my arm still aches, burns and twitches. They want me to go back to work but I don't think I can perform production like they want. Can I get Disability which I have been paying for long term disability and company has short term?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.


You certainly have the right to file for disability with your local Social Security Administration office. If you cannot work, and if you can get medical justification for your inability to work, you should have a great chance at getting disability.


Even if you're denied initially, there are several levels of appeal that you can go through until you either get disability or exhaust the appeals process.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Should I get short term disability from employer first, then long term? I need to pay bills. Can I apply for SS disability while getting employer disability?

Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
If you have short term disability insurance (like Aflac, etc.), you should apply for that to keep money coming in until it is determined whether you're entitled to long term (SSA) disability.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have short and long term through employer. Should I request through them first? As of now I have only been on Workers Compensation.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Yes, if you have a private provider, you should apply there first.
Roger and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you