Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i am doing a research paper on immoral but legal. I was wondering Is it illegal for one p

i am doing a research paper on immoral but legal. I was wondering Is it illegal for one parent to coax her child into telling a state that the other parent molested him/her. and where can i find research documentation on this subject
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

Hi

If you are saying the parent coaxed or coached child to lie about it to say the District Attorney, so charges would be filed, that would be illegal. It would be a crime of false statement. You can research false statement as well as impeachment of a witness and even perjury.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if the statement was not made to a court but to a state agency
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

Hi

That would be a false statement. If the parent was involved and it can be proved the child was coaxed, coached or otherwise forced, the parent can be charged with conspiracy to false statement, as well as false statement. Impeachment of a witness is another resource.

Perjury only applies if statement was given under oath