Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Hi my question is I am on call 24/7 for my job I work offshore

Customer Question
and are currently about togo...
Hi my question is I am on call 24/7 for my job I work offshore and are currently about togo through a divorce... I live in louisiana and my wife lives in texas we have 1 child... can we settle out of court on a divorce and agree on a pre aranged amount of child support and if so what are some key factors to consider
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2011
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

You can agree to all the things that need to be covered in the divorce. This would be custody, visitation, a parenting plan which covers visitation, all the things that go into parenting such as vacations, then you will have child support, spousal support if any, and division of property, including pension plans.

Once you are agreed on this issues, the divorce decree will incorporate these terms. The court will then adopt the consent divorce decree based on that agreement.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney