INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I am setting up an llc and we will be producing hair accessories

I am setting up an llc and we will be producing hair accessories for children. How do we disclose the choking hazard of the product to protect ourselves from this liability? Does this change if you are a partnership instead of an llc?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.

I am a legal expert at Justanswer. I have reviewed your question and will be helping you today.

You want to disclose a warning of hazards and to keep away from children without parental supervision. You want to be an LLC or corporation to better protect from liability.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where do I disclose the warning? Packaging, website, etc. Do these warnings protect against lawsuits? And how do you stay away from children without supervision? You are selling to unknown buyers????
You want to have it on packaging and the website. They provide protection but a full guaranty. You still want to take steps in production to ensure that you have exercised reasonable care and the product is not otherwise dangerous. The warning helps defend the claim but is not a sure thing.

Please click ACCEPT for the answer as it is the only way I get credit for it. If you need any clarification, just click REPLY before or after you click accept and I will be happy to follow up. After you accept, leaving a BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are very much appreciated. You can always request me in the future - just begin the question with “This Question is for INFOLAWYER…”