How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancee and I bought a house together 7/10. She had better

This answer was rated:

My fiancee and I bought a house together 7/10. She had better credit than me so we put it in her name. I had the income so I paid most of the financials, including the deposit. I gave it to her in a certified check. The bank that financed her stated that they could only accept the down payment if I "gift" it to her, so I signed a gift donation form. She kicked me out for another relationship the end of 12/10. I asked her for my down payment back and she said I "gifted" it to her. Can I sue her for my down payment since I lived there less than 6 months?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.


If you gifted the down payment to her, regardless of the reason, you can't sue her to recover it unless there is some written agreement that she signed that says she'll repay the money.





Roger and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you