Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My finance bought a car from a tow yard in cash. The paperwork

Customer Question
was turned over to the...
My finance bought a car from a tow yard in cash. The paperwork was turned over to the DMV and the title transferred to his name. This morning the car was repossessed by the finance company in Texas that claims there is a Title in Texas. The tow company he bought it from is saying it is not their fault and will not take responsibility for it, that they completed the appropriate paperwork for California. The finance company is saying that the tow company did not take "due diligence" in checking the information.
What can be done?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2011
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.

If the tow yard provided your fiance a title to the vehicle and the title is no good, it is absolutely the responsibility of the seller (tow yard) to make it right, and if they can't they should pay him back the money he paid.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney