How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently going through a child support case. We have

Resolved Question:

I am currently going through a child support case. We have established paternity and the other parent and i have come to an agreement on support. Can we cancel our case with the attorney general and handle this amongest ourselves with an attorney.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.


No, you must get a court order establishing child support in order for it to be official and in order for the paying parent to receive proper credit for the payments made.


If you do this without the court's approval, it is not official and it could cause trouble down the road - especially for the paying parent.

Roger and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions