How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of Tennessee. My ex-husband receives supervised

This answer was rated:

I live in the state of Tennessee. My ex-husband receives supervised visitation with my 9 year old son. I chose the supervisors (4 of them) from a list provided by my ex-husband. My son and daughter have made allegations of both sexual and physical abuse against my ex-husband. After a year now of visits one of the supervisors is no longer taking this seriously. On the last two visits with her as the supervisor my son has come home very afraid saying he has been left alone with his dad. Since I chose the supervisors can I now say this person can no longer supervise since there are three other people to choose from? Or do I need to go in front of the judge?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney in Tennessee.


If you get to choose who the supervisor is, you can just pick between the other 3 and never choose this person. If it becomes an issue for the father, or questions arise as to why this person is not being used for visitation, you can then file a motion in court to have this person removed and replaced based on her failure to perform as needed.

Roger and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was allowed to chose from the list in the beginning. On every visit he was allowed to ask each of the four to see who was available. from your answer am I understanding that I may say I will not leave my son with her. I never know who will supervise until I arrive. I did say that if they bring her I will stay and supervise the visit. to make sure that I am not interfering with his visitation. does it sound to you that it is within my power to do so?
In that case, I would recommend that you file a motion to remove her from the list of approved supervisors.