How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31764
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need to legally change my name The name on my social

Resolved Question:

Do I need to legally change my name? The name on my social security card is correct, and agrees with my Mississippi issued drivers license. However, my birth certificate has a different name -- the first name is XXXXX XXXXX -- and therefore is not consistent with every other document I have that identifies me. I cannot get a Florida drivers license without these documents agreeing. What to do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.


You can either have your birth certificate changed or change your name. Either process requires a court petition.


It would probably be easiest to do a petition to change your name. You certainly need to get this resolved to avoid future problems.

Roger and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you