How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a summer home which does not have a well. We tried drilling

This answer was rated:

I have a summer home which does not have a well. We tried drilling one but came up dry. A neighbor adjacent to my property has a well and has indicated that he would be open to discussing an arrangement that would allow me to tap into it. If he's willing I'd like to have a legal agreement that specifies the terms of the arrangement and would survive a change of ownership on either side. Is there a generic contract / considerations for an arrangement of this nature?
Thank you for your question.

Actually, all you would need is an easement for his water rights. There is not a real "form" to be used. All you need is a notarized statement from him stating "I give water rights via easement to X", filed with the register of deeds. That would mean that every other possessor of his property would be bound by that promise.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question.


Nathan Moore
NateLawAnswers and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you