How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118256
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a disabled funeral director in ma. Im constantly in

Resolved Question:

I'm a disabled funeral director in ma.
I'm constantly in pain, mobility issues.
A couple of years back condition worsened to point that I had to leave my home on cape cod for treatment in Boston hospital.
I was never able to return home.
In and out of hospital. Next two years my home of twenty plus years foreclosed upon forced into bankruptcy.
My funeral director license was not allowed to renew saying beyond two billing cycles.
I lived alone was in no condition to deal with finances obviously.
I work now for funeral home two six hours day per wk.
I need license and think that I should be given back.
I brought all ceus up to date per state board no license
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You will need to file an official appeal with the Department of Business Regulation and you will need to describe your disability in detail and explain that the disability caused you to miss the payments and that their denial of your license reinstatement based on this would be against the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act since they are now denying you based on your disability causing you to miss the payments (you were physically unable to make them, you did not just ignore them). Also, you can file a complaint with the MA Commission Against Discrimination, but you will need a hearing before Business Regulation on your appeal. You can call the MA bar and ask them for the pro bono attorneys in your area who can assist you in this matter.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you