How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been assaulted by a lady name Jennifer Denison. I am

Resolved Question:

I have been assaulted by a lady name Jennifer Denison. I am wanting to know what I can sue her for? Charges are being pressed by the county sherrif, but I have been diagnosed with a concussion, neck/chest contusion, and a neck sprain. She forced her way into my house also, with my four month old daughter in the same room as everything happened.
I also want to sue a male name Tyler Ethride and his wife Shelby Ethridge. They were both here when the incident occured. Shelby was trying to calm down my daughter, while Tyler stood in the door way letting everything happen. Also, they owe us money from an incident in the past that still isn't paid.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Actually, it might benefit you to wait a bit. When a person is being criminally prosecuted, one of the jobs of the prosecuting attorney is to seek restitution for the victim. In this case, that would be you.


You should contact the assigned prosecuting attorney, or the victim advocate, to discuss the case. Make sure that they know what amount of restitution you are seeking and for what. Ask them about the case; what is going on with it, when do they expect it to be concluded, what restitution do they anticipate getting for you, etcetera.


If they can obtain satisfactory restitution for you out of the criminal prosecution, you won't need to hire an attorney or file a lawsuit, potentially saving yourself a great deal of money, not to mention the time, effort and aggravation involved in litigating the matter.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you