How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57738
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My step daughter lives in Texas (which does not allow wages

This answer was rated:

My step daughter lives in Texas (which does not allow wages to be garnished), but her corporate company which cuts the checks is based in another state. They are garnishing her pay at this time... How can she stopped them from garnishing her wages?
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. The garnishment has to be based on a state court judgment or domestication of a judgment and the employer should not be executing on it since now allowed in the state. If the employer persists and it continues you can recover money back by application to the court along with legal fees. I trust the information is fast and direct. If I can clarify anything, let me know.

When ready, Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for your answer.

Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback is not required but very much appreciated.

Have a great week!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by application to the court?
A motion to the court to vacate the garnishment supported by your affidavit.
INFOLAWYER and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you