How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When should I seek counsel in a academic misconduct case if

Resolved Question:

When should I seek counsel in a academic misconduct case if I am the complainant?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Actually, you should seek counsel in helping prepare your appeal, since the courts rarely get involved in these cases, so you want to make your best presentation to the Vice Chair and then the Dean because it is likely to be the last chances you have. The courts have consistently stated they will not stand in the shoes of the educational institution in these matters. Thus, get your attorney now and have them involved in your appeals.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by "an appeal". Am I preparing an appeal if it is just the first time the matter is going to be brought for review of the Committee for Scientific Misconduct?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
What I meant is that this is the first step in appealing the allegations against you and you have your first hearing coming up, this is where you want an attorney because if you leave something out then your next step in the process you may have made omissions or errors you cannot correct.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The allegations are not against me. I am the one that is presenting evidence against someone. Sorry this was not clear.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
The person having the charges brought against them should have an attorney, as for you presenting the charges, there really is no need for that and if you have your evidence of the violations, you present them to the board and it is not common for the accuser to bring an attorney to present their case.
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OIK thank you. This is very helpful.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX not forget to click on accept to release your deposit (or if you are a subscription customer please click accept so that the expert can get credit for assisting you)