How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116743
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a microwave procedure to shrink my prostate on December

Resolved Question:

I had a microwave procedure to shrink my prostate on December 30, 2009. It was performed in the doctor's office by a technician The doctor was never present. I had my prostate examined recently by a different urologist. He claims that the procedure did not shrink my prostate at all. He said his group hasn't performed this procedure for 5 years because it is ineffective. I had a very bad reaction to the microwave procedure. It affected my brain. I could hardly move, speak or eat afterwords. My weight dropped to 125 lbs. I could not work and was forced to retire. Was it legal for a technician to do this procedure? Do I have a case against the doctor?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
It is possible you could have a malpractice against the doctor, but you will require a medical expert to attest that this doctor operated below the standard of care of a reasonably experienced doctor in the filed. You also are coming dangerously close to the statute of limitations, so you need to get your medical files to a medical malpractice attorney quickly to get a medical expert to get an evaluation because you cannot file a malpractice suit without one.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions