Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it true that a mother with four children can sign a waiver

Customer Question
that would permit a convicted...
Is it true that a mother with four children can sign a waiver that would permit a convicted sex offender to cohabitate with the children even though he is on parole and is wearing an ankle bracelet?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2011
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

INFOLAWYER :

If he the father?

Customer:

No

Customer:

hello? Are you still there?

Customer:

Oh dang... I thought you were going to give me an answer by email. I didn't know it would be in chat form.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello

INFOLAWYER :

She cannot do so

Customer:

she can't????

INFOLAWYER :

Doing so can lead to state interference with her own custody

INFOLAWYER :

which takes best interests of the child very seriously

INFOLAWYER :

and would initially demand the man relocate

INFOLAWYER :

short of interfering with their living arrangements

INFOLAWYER :

a waiver is not a solution

INFOLAWYER :

The only way around it is asking a court to permit it

INFOLAWYER :

which is highly unlikely but the only option

INFOLAWYER :

I trust the information is fast and direct. If I can clarify anything, let me know.

When ready, Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for your answer.

Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback is not required but very much appreciated.

Have a great week!

Customer:

I don't understand.

Customer:

What are my options to protect the kids?

INFOLAWYER :

which part?

INFOLAWYER :

the children should not be living with a sex offender

INFOLAWYER :

otherwise the state could remove the children

INFOLAWYER :

and/or force the sex offender to relocate

Customer:

How do I go about making sure this happens

INFOLAWYER :

make what happen?

INFOLAWYER :

force him to move?

Customer:

make sure the guy is not with the children?

INFOLAWYER :

You can begin by alerting the police and the local child protection services

INFOLAWYER :

I hope that is clear and acceptable

Customer:

Shall I make a police report and give them his address and plate number to his car?

INFOLAWYER :

That is a fine idea

Customer:

Is this the law in Kansas?

INFOLAWYER :

Let the police investigate

INFOLAWYER :

Yes

Customer:

Will CPS do anything?

INFOLAWYER :

they can relocate the children

INFOLAWYER :

if this is not being resolved

INFOLAWYER :

until it is resolved

INFOLAWYER :

and he is relocated

INFOLAWYER :

but the police should take care of it initially

Customer:

What will/should the police do?

INFOLAWYER :

Direct him to leave and possibly arrest him

Customer:

Will the children go to each of their fathers houses or will they be in foster care? Will I have the opportunity to have the children?

INFOLAWYER :

I hope that is clear.

INFOLAWYER :

First would go to the other parent if that becomes necessary

INFOLAWYER :

but if the police remove him

INFOLAWYER :

children stay in place

INFOLAWYER :

Have a great week!

Customer:

Very good!!! The children stay with me 4-5 days out of the week, so would hope they would continue to do so.

Customer:

Thank you so very much for your help!!!!!

INFOLAWYER :

Good luck!!

Customer:

Thanks!

Customer:

I will get on it tomorrow

INFOLAWYER :

great

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney