How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

daughter in prison, suposedly conspiracy meth chgs were dropped.

Customer Question

daughter in prison, suposedly conspiracy meth chgs were dropped. records lost. she had baby #5, loves baby and wants to keep b/c i can help her. 2 of othrs were adopted with judge no money. and 3rd by wealthy people who paid 4 prenatal care and lived with them. The DA in Iowa has it in for my daughter, wants to take her rights away,. they took him to dhs foster care. while having him her po would not let her have csect. so after me (MOM) waiting 4 days we get call she was at hospital finally and he was not breathing had to recetate. and dr. cut her bladder, and stitched it up. they took my gson away to dhs foster who had a sibling. And the wont let me have him. i had power of attorney and temp, custody. meanwhile, they never gave her her discharge papers. we just got them to find out about bladder... she has been in pain and meds not working. help us please, i might have to try to adopt gson to get him but they should not terminate rights. And boyfriend was sent to prison for makin meth. they were tryin to charge my daughter with got dropped but now paperwork has all disapeared. and she goes to parole board wed. and now the meth issue is not taken care of b/c 2 x we went to court and they :forgot" to get transporation for her. how convenient with a day between being labor board meeting. And I want my grandson. i have attorney who said i'd have to adopt b/c there was a misundestanding, i paid him $1,ooo for intervention. then he said more $ and i said id have to stop. thinking we'd see where intervention went. and he stopped intervention. b/c i thought it was filed and we were talking about after intervention. there is a DA who is a bulldog and wants to get rid of my gson and keep my daughter in prison. she has not been charged with any drugs.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.


To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:


  • What is your specific question for a legal expert to answer?



Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is more than 1 issue, she should be out of polk co. she did her time, she has been waiting since july to hear from warren co. about the "conspiracy to man meth:" as with the boyfriend. this was tacked on at end. she was on parole for taking car w/o permision, using her sisters license she was in polk jail for months, then out on probation. lived with me. then the meth deal popped up. They caught him and another guy at place making meth in warren county, iowa. my daughter was not there, she was pregnant and had left him b/c of drugs. they put her in oakdale prison to have baby, she says she has made up her time. But its like they set her up. A person w record mailed letter to her and she got a major for it. she explained that they look at all of them and she didnt know and thot it must have been okay, she answered. so that took her to a level 3? anyway, she was at oakdale and her po did not like her. My daughter had 2 babies she could not keep daddy left. so judge did adoption. no money. then she got pregnant again and guy left state, so that is when this wealthy couple took her to illinois to care and adopt baby. then a year later, she got pregnant again and dhs took it. So this time she had someone who loves her inspite of bad habit. And she wants to keep baby. so she had baby. emergency csection and the dr. cut her bladder. she is hurting, dr. not helping. she sees the board of parole.They were trying to tie her to it b/c she bought sudafed, and they were accussing her like him, but her attorney when she was in jail in polk co. said the charges were supposed to be dropped. i called and called and couldnot find anything out. so finally they got her a court attorney, who has not talked to her either, just read notes. and warren county keeps postponing it, i think its so she would stay in prison. But I was suppose to get her baby. and dhs took it. The baby was drrug free and so was she. she has changed and is my christian daughter again. how can we stop the parole board from keeping her till 2012, b.c of warren co drug stuff and today the lawyer was going to plead innocent for her, to see what they had. But then the judge "forgot" to issue transport again. so i am a wreck, i dont want my daughter to die in prison b/c of mad medical help. Or loose her baby when there are circumstances that he was not a china baby. how can you help at all??? her attorney has not seen her for polk co. and i think the warren co. attorney was going to call her. They could let her out, i already enrolled her in area community college, and was gonna watch baby for her while she worked and school. wanted to help kids who got in trouble like her.And they said that could take 2 years and they would not wait. the foster people had adoption papers made out before landon was born. Iowa is terrible to single women in prison. is there anything at all you can help me with? even if i try malpractice for dr. will they take it out on her????
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

You've provided a lot of information so I'll see what I can do to start to work through it.


If you respond at length, I would ask that you break your thoughts down into paragraphs and avoid the use of abbreviations or shorthand. The posts you've left thus far are a bit difficult to understand. Thank you for your courtesies in this matter.


There are some very significant issues being faced by your daughter and, by extension, you. She has the criminal issues from the very serious felony offense and the possibility of having her parental rights terminated. I would suggest these are the two most serious issues in the law. As such, it would be extremely prudent to look into obtaining competent legal counsel to assist.


First, you should begin with your state bar association. The Iowa State Bar has a website, it is located at


Additionally, Martindale Hubbell is a national organization that rates attorneys across the country. Their website is located at


Another nationwide website is located at This site lists attorneys by geographic location and area of practice.


Additionally, there is quite likely a legal aid society in your area. A quick internet search and/or phone book search should locate the society closest to you.


Each of these resources will have a wealth of information as to attorneys in your area that handle such cases and that would provide services for free or at a reduced cost. I would suggest you check each site out and you will surely find a great number of attorneys that meet your needs. Pick a few to meet with in person so that you can thoroughly explain the situation and then retain the one that you feel can best represent your daughter's interests.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
who would i get for expertise on her paternity rights being kept? child welfare attorney?
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Most family law attorneys handle that sort of matter. You could use the resources I provided above to research family law attorneys and then meet with a few that appear to meet your needs.