How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A person who has filed a civil case against a company I own

Resolved Question:

A person who has filed a civil case against a company I own came to my place of worship during service and began defaming me and slandering me in front of the congregation I serve as a member of the board of directors. The individual not only accused me of stealing they also revealed information regarding sexual abuse that occured during my childhood along with accusations that my family had committed murder. Is this an instance where I could file civil charges?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It sounds to me like you have an action for an injunction to stop the behavior, along with a suit for slander. As long as allegations regarding the theft and murder are untrue, it should be fairly obvious to prove this was done intentionally, not to mention there a few dozen witnesses. You should have no problems prevailing in such an action.

If you don't have any further question, lease click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for assisting you..


Nathan Moore
NateLawAnswers and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you