How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 71 and past tyears recovering from blood clots in my lungs I

Resolved Question:

I am 71 and past tyears recovering from blood clots in my lungs
I am behind about 4 months in mortauge payments
My home is in foreclouser,The Loan is from Countrywide/Bank Of America
Forclouser date is March 31,2011
I am trying to get a loan modification with B of A so I can keep my home.
I have been approached by Gordon & Associates to help modify my loan the cost to me would be $3500 for this:
1. They say that they will send a demand letter to B of A Legal dept direct regarding a new settlement 2. Create a Legal Memorandum focusing on predatory lending violations 3. Form a Lawsuite & monetary damages against the lender. 4.Get cash setelments for harassment & emotional Stress. 5. Review loan for frauds or inflated on the value.
Is this worth spending my limited funds for or COULD I DO THIS MYSELF AND SAVE THE $3500?

Thank You
Gary Lawrence
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

That seems a little steep for the services offered. You certainly should be able to speak to the bank yourself to attempt to modify the loan.

If Bank of America refuses to re-negotiate, and you feel it's in bad faith, you can use the consumer protection statute in Oregon to bring them to the table. Unfair and deceptive trade practices (to include predatory lending and financial fraud) are enforced by the state's attorney general. That website is here.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question.


Nathan Moore
NateLawAnswers and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you