How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37854
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know a group of women from Africa whos rights are voilated

Resolved Question:

I know a group of women from Africa who's rights are voilated by thier employees here in the US but afraid to speak out becasue they are scared of losing thier jobs, or they have never done that before in thier background, and they do not want to do it now. However, there are some members who share the same resentment, abuse, and harrasment, and are ready to confront these abusive management. What is the avenue to seek justice in this case?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble these women are experiencing.

If they are being discriminated against because of their race or nationality---as your question suggests, then my advice to each of them, and the avenue for them to seek justice under the laws of the United States would be as follows:

Each of you need to file a formal complaint with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). If your company has 15 or more employees, they are prohibited from discriminating against you. To file a complaint with the EEOC, contact the nearest Equal Employment Opportunity Commission field office. To be automatically connected with the nearest office, call(NNN) NNN-NNNN EEOC website:


Federal law specifically prohibits discrimination, based upon the Ethnicity, Color, Religion, National Origin, Age, Sex and Disability of an individual, with regard to hiring, promotion and firing.


After you file the complaint, your employer will be prohibited from any retaliatory action against you. The EEOC will investigate your claim, and 180 days after the filing of the complaint you may ask for a "right to sue letter". The EEOC will issue you the letter which gives you the right to institute a private civil action against your employer and seek monetary damages.


I wish you and your friends the best in 2011.



Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,




LawTalk and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you