Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can we press charges on an inappropriate massage therapist

Customer Question
? For example: doing a...
Can we press charges on an inappropriate massage therapist ? For example: doing a butt massage without asking, when their policy is they don't do that unless requested.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2011
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Yes, you could file a criminal complaint and have the massage therapist and business investigated for their practices and procedures. If you did not consent to the butt massage, the massage therapist could be facing sexual assault charges and the places could also be faced with a civil lawsuit as well
Ok. What would be the first step into doing that? Contacting the police or a lawyer?

Contacting the police department and reporting what happened for the criminal part and if you wish to look into a civil lawsuit, an attorney thereafter

The establishment is saying we have to come in and give a written statement, eventhougj we already explained in detail on the phone. Should we consent to this?
You do not have to if you do not want to but you need to have some documentation that you made them aware of the situation and reported this.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney