How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10600
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a birth certificate for my deceased father that

Resolved Question:

How can I get a birth certificate for my deceased father that was born in Mexico
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

You have to contact the bureau of vital statistics in the town where your father was born. If you have a none certified copy that would be good. You will need his parents name and you will have to pay in Mexican currency for the copy. I would start with the telephone call as they may require proof that you his child before they will release it. Once you have spoken to them, if you cannot go in person, if you know someone who can go to pick it up you can get them an original signed permission to pick it up for you.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Richard - Bizlaw and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you