How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have made a claim with my boss about incidents of discrimination

Customer Question

I have made a claim with my boss about incidents of discrimination by a co-worker. The investigation took place and soon after the guy was fired. He had a grievance hearing with the City and the City Manager reinstated the man to his duties. Now I am afraid of what may happen at work we are both police officers.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.


If you are retaliated against at work because of this, you would have rights to file yet another complaint regarding this. You could also have groungs to file a lawsuit against the employer for negligent retention of the person and retaliation if you are in fact retaliated against.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I would have to wait and see if I am retailiated against to do anything further?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Yes. If there is no other problem, then the issue is resolved and you can go about your business. However, if you do experience some retaliation or discriminatory treatment, you should waste no time in seeing an attorney about pursuing this.