Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can I legally clean up my Driving Record

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2011
Lawyer: FloridaLawyer, Attorney replied 6 years ago
FloridaLawyer
FloridaLawyer, Attorney

Hello JA Customer,

I am an expert here at Just Answer and I would be happy to answer your question.

Yes, there are several things you can to do to clean up your driving record. First, you can file a petition to seal or expunge certain offenses. If your record is sealed, most people and private businesses would be unable to view your driving record. If your offenses are expunged, they would be destroyed and you could truthfully state that they do not exist. You could also file a motion to vacate certain offenses and/or seek withholds instead of adjudications.

Most of these methods would require court action so I would encourage you to contact a licensed criminal defense/traffic law attorney in your local jurisdiction.

I hope this helps, best of luck!

If I have answered your question, please click accept so that I can earn credit for my answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The information, research and opinions set forth above are limited to the facts presented in the question and no guarantee is made regarding the adequacy or accuracy of the answer. The answer provided does not infer or imply the establishment or acceptance of any attorney-client relationship. No claim is made that I am licensed to practice law in the state or jurisdiction where this information is being provided and you should always seek legal counsel admitted to practice in your local jurisdiction for representation and advice on any legal matter.

FloridaLawyer
FloridaLawyer
FloridaLawyer, Attorney