How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been served a Pursuant to Maryland Rule 2-421 1st. Do

Customer Question

I have been served a Pursuant to Maryland Rule 2-421 1st. Do I have to answer these questions? Secondly if I do, How to I file for an extension beyond the 30 days due to the amount of documents that they are requesting? I would need 60 days total
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for contacting I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

Yes. You must answer the questions or the opposition can file a motion to compel you to answer with the court.

This involves discovery and is not filed with the court typically, so you would not typically need to file an extension with the court either, but request additional time from the opposition. Get any agreement with them in writing.

All the best to you in the New Year.



Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.