NateLawAnswers
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
11217539

Do I need a liquor license to add liquors or alcoholic beverages

Do I need a liquor license to add liquors or alcoholic beverages to my bakery products, frostings, etc. If not, do I only need to disclose in the labeling that is an ingredient.
Thank you for your question.

Is the alcohol cooked out of the baked goods, frostings, etc.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know that's why I'm asking here.
If the alcohol is cooked to where it no longer has an inebriating effect, you do not need a license. If the cake or icing still has the ability to get someone drunk, then you do.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does alchohol bake out of cakes?
A study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture’s Nutrient Data Laboratory calculated the percentage of alcohol remaining in a dish based on various cooking methods. It takes 2.5 hours to get down to a negligible amount of alcohol in baking
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So what would you recommend me do for a cupake batter that uses a 3 TBSP to a 1/2 cupof liquor or alcohol in a cupcake batter that yields 24 individual servings and takes 30 minutes to bake? Or should I just avoid the alcohol altogether?
There will still be some in the finished product. I'd avoid it altogether.