MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Hi, I received a letter from a credit Service company about

Hi, I received a letter from a credit Service company about a lawsuit that was filed against me. I have not received a summons. I do not know who the creditor is. On the court history, it says a hearing as been set up in July to show why Proof of Service was not done?
Thank you for the post, what question can I answer for you regarding the credit service company issue?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure what to do? I have attached what is on the court website. Do I not need to be notified if someone is suing me?

Case Summary

Case Number: 11C00244
GCFS, INC. VS. MURRAY, RODERICK J

Filing Date: 01/19/2011
Case Type: COLLECTIONS CASE (Limited Jurisdiction)
Filing Court: Whittier Courthouse
Status: PENDING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Hearings
07/26/2011 at 09:30 AM in department 6 at 7339 South Painter Ave., Whittier, CA 90602
OSC - 3.740 COLLECTIONS-PROOF OF SERVICE

History Information
Parties

Plaintiff: GCFS INC. A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION
Attorney: LEGAL DEPARTMENT OF GCFS INC - HUSHING-KLINE, BRIGHTON

Defendant: MURRAY RODERICK J AKA MURRAY III RODERICK J AKA MURRAY RODERICK
Attorney: None

Party Information
Histories ( Dates listed in descending order)

01/20/2011 NOTICE OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS FOR ATTORNEY FOR
PLAINTIFF
(GCFS, INC.) A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION
FILED.

01/20/2011 ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE HEARING/CASE MANAGEMENT REVIEW SIGNED
AND FILED BY ARMANDO V. MORENO TO SHOW WHY SANCTIONS
SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSED FOR FAILURE TO FILE PROOF OF
SERVICE PURSUANT TO CRC 3.740(E). MATTER SET FOR HEARING
ON 07/26/11 AT 09:30A M., IN DEPT. 006 . CERTIFICATE
OF MAILING FILED.

01/19/2011 COLLECTIONS CASE COMPLAINT FILED PURSUANT TO CRC 3.740. RN
WH0285409018.

01/19/2011 SUMMONS ISSUED.

01/19/2011 SUMMONS FILED.

Case Information | Party Information | History Information

Hello, you should contact the court clerk to get a copy of the proof of service. It may be that the plaintiff has represented to the court that you were served when you were not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the hearing for in July? Can a case go foward if i have not been served?
Hello, the hearing is apparently for you to explain why you have not complied with a judgment that has entered against you, but without speaking with the court clerk one cannot be sure what the purpose of the hearing is.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not received any judgement against me. Can just answer provide me with a list of legal service providers in Southern CA?
Hello, do you mean services such as pro bono legal service providers or attorneys to be retained for a fee?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not using the legal world for services often, I not sure of what a pro bono legal service provider is?
Hello, pro bono means for free.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A combination would be nice. I presume you would get what you pay for in legal services.
That presumption is often correct, but a combination of two does not exist (unless you mean low cost legal assistance, in which case your presumption again holds true).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, Lets go with a real attorney that handles this type of claim.
ok, while Just Answer prohibits Legal Experts from offering referrals directly, I can suggest that you contact the lawyer referral service at(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help and time.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good day.