How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife went to a surgeon. He would not perform the biopsy

Customer Question

My wife went to a surgeon. He would not perform the biopsy because we didn't have the full payment . But had half of it. In a result of them not doing the surgery, she has cancer. Which could have been caught a long time ago. So I'm trying to see if we have a case.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
Malpractice is due to medical errors. There is no law which requires a private doctor from accepting partial payment before operating in any circumstance. It could have been possible for your wife to seek other medical attention who could have helped her instead of waiting. To sustain a medical malpractice case the plaintiff would bear the burden of proving that the doctor owed you a duty, that they failed to exercise reasonable care of that type of medical professional and they were the actual and proximate cause of her injuries. Again there is no law obligating the doctor to operate despite of lack of payment. His obligations would arise if he had actually started the procedure and then discontinued.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.


Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
I see that you gave negative feed back for my answer but gave a positive review. The feedback is in regards XXXXX XXXXX customer service obtained not how the answer made you feel. Could I please have your permission to remove the negative report. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes you can remove it. I didn't realize that it did that. You were very helpful. Sorry about that.
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX