Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can a teacher have the authority to move a teacher assistants

desk and personal belongings without...
How can a teacher have the authority to move a teacher assistants desk and personal belongings without prior consent from the TA ? I know it's her classroom and she can arrange the room like she wants to.But does this include another adult's property? We conferenced with the principal and the she said: She had the right to arrange room like she wants, but she had to consider the TA's feeling also. When approached about moving the desk somewhere else the TA Was in agreement but not the teacher. Several positions were given to her (TEACHER) BUT she refused all suggestions . Everytime she would say :" I like it where it is." I don't like the position it's in now. I don't feel safe where I am. It's right at the door. When someone comes in they're right on me before I realize it. Help !!!!!
1/24/2011
Attorney & Mediator
This is not a legal issue, it is an internal matter to be addressed between teacher and TA. In general, the teacher controls her class room. See if you can file a grievance if you can demonstrate actual danger.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer