ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Will Pennsylvania extradite someone for a Class A misdemeanor

Will Pennsylvania extradite someone for a Class A misdemeanor DUI warrant?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 years ago.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

What state would it be to?

Customer :

Texas

Customer :

Tioga County, Pennsylvania to be more specific

ScottyMacEsq :

All states can hold a person for extradition...it is not the state that arrests you that has the final say...its the state that issued the warrant that has the final say on this matter. Since they (in this case TX) have to pay the costs to extradite, in many cases they will waive off on a misdemeanor warrant...but they are NOT required to.

So if there is a warrant, the warrant would will say if the state (TX) plans to extradite, it could be that the person is arrested, and spends a few days in jail while the state (TX) confirms they will extradite. As I said, it's not likely for a misdemeanor, but not outside of the realm of possibility. In my experience, states will only extradite for felony warrants, because of the costs involved in the extradition hearings and transportation of the defendant.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!