Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was told there is a new law effective 1/1/2011 in Illinois that says you cannot have a t

Customer Question

I was told there is a new law effective 1/1/2011 in Illinois that says you cannot have a trailer hitch drawbar on the vehicle without also having a trailer attached. Is this a new law and how would I find the exact text of this new law?
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

Hi

It appears there was a proposal during the 2009/2010 session. But I do not see where it passed the Legislature to make it a law.

Here is that information.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Edited by Sam on 1/1/2011 at 7:10 PM EST