Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

how do you find out about a class action lawsuit and the payout.

Customer Question
how do you find out...
how do you find out about a class action lawsuit and the payout. i believe my sister stole mom money before she died.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2011
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

INFOLAWYER :

You can check class action lawsuits filed with the county and federal court by name

INFOLAWYER :

settlements though are usually termed on confidentiality with terms not publicly disclosed

INFOLAWYER :

This situation would not be a class action

INFOLAWYER :

as a class action concerns many unrelated plaintiffs with the same case

INFOLAWYER :

Consider instead having a lawyer on commission fee basis

INFOLAWYER :

who can investigate and pursue the lawsuit

INFOLAWYER :

www.martindale.com is a premier directory you may use.

INFOLAWYER :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback after you accept are also very much appreciated.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. You can always request me in the future through my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=11313492&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Infolawyer…”

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. I wish you best of luck and a prosperous 2011.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney