Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am 88 yrs old with Chronic Kidney Disease. I am beginning

Customer Question
I am 88 yrs old...
I am 88 yrs old with Chronic Kidney Disease. I am beginning to be denied Medicine," Procrit", because of my Age, Cost medication and Republican Party. I've been getting all my Prescription Drugs thru my VA Clinic and giving myself the injection. My Co-Payment for pricrit has been $9.00, 1 month supply.my Nephrologist has been replaced by a VA Doctor-Pharmacy for no other reason than 1implement this eventual Death sssignment through Intimidation and other tactics to force me out of Va Medical Support . Please Comment with any suggestions of what I can do untll the nrevised Health bill can be implemented when this type of inhumane action will be eliminated. Thankin advancey for your responsexxxxxxxxxxxel#XXX-XX-XXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2011
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
You are entitled to an appeal on the denial of the medication and you can present your medical evidence for the need to the medication. You can also get an attorney through the local veterans groups to assist you in the appeal and to fight for the medication your doctor states you require. However, other than that, you may have to consider obtaining the medication from out of the country as many patients in your position do, but you need to be cautious and make sure you are getting it from a reliable source

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney