lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

We have two sons, age 21 and 18 who are going to school in

We have two sons, age 21 and 18 who are going to school in Australia for 3 years. Is there some legal way for me or my wife to sign legal documents for them while they are gone? An example: they will be leaving before their income taxes need to be filed.
Thanks for any direction you can give.
Since they are both adults they can give someone a durable power of attorney which gives that person the legal right to act on their behalf. Any local estate attorney can do it for you or their are a lot of examples online. It needs to be witnessed, notarized and usually filed at the county courthouse although that is not absolutely necessary.