Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Please what is the statute of limitations for negligence case

Please what is the statute of limitations for negligence case and libel cases handled in New York, as required by the New York State Supreme Court.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

Thank you for your question,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help with your question,

Q. Please tell me the type of negligent case it is because New York has a different Statute of Limitations for ordinary negligence cases causing personal injury and a different Statute of Limitations for medical malpractice negligence cases.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Andrea,
I believe you can categorise it under Statute of Limitations for ordinary negligence cases causing personal injury.

Thank you for your additional information,

The New York Statute of Limitations for negligence actions is 3 years. If the injuries result in death, the Statute of Limitations for a wrongful death action is 2 years from the date of death.

Please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in helping you, That is the only way I get paid

BONUS and Positive Feedback are appreciated

Best Wishes for a happy, healthy New Year, 2011

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave Positive Feedback