How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a way to file a complaint againsta judge in California

Customer Question

Is there a way to file a complaint againsta judge in California? I'm currently a military member making about 4000 dlls after taxes. I was married for 4 years. For the past year and a half I've been dealing with divorce, child support and spouse support issues. Judge is making me pay 905 dlls in child support, 700 dlls in spouse support, 150 dlls(total 3500) to pay for her lawyer and 100dlls in past arrears. I made the mistake on the begining of letting her take our daughter to live in Mexico because she was attending school over there. On top of everything I have documented the times that the mother is no complaing with visitation and guidelines establish by the judge. There is also a video that the mother posted on a social network were she is driving and her sister gives a beer to my daughter(she admitted in court that it happend, this video took place in Mexico).She inherated a Bussiness and some real state in Mexico but have not been able to prove it but she did admitted it in court. Since this happend I have been living on the ship because I can't afford an apartment I owe my lawyer over 25000 dlls and contemplating Bankruptcy. I'm waiting on the Judge decision she said she would have it before Jan 15. I just don't know what to do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney and former legal ethics professor with family law litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Is there a way to file a complaint againsta judge in California?" Yes. Here is how to go about filing a complaint. It should be addressed to the Commission on Judicial Performance, 455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 14400, San Francisco, California 94102. You can either write a letter or use the Complaint Form.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope that this situation gets resolved appropriately.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.