Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am the vic in a personal injury matter. Their ins co wants

me to disclose my ssn...
I am the vic in a personal injury matter. Their ins co wants me to disclose my ssn to prove I donot receive medical etc.I have Kaiser and they are aware. Must I, by law as they say, comply?
1/1/2011
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with insurance and privacy law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Must I, by law as they say, comply?" Yes. Unfortunately, the insurer is entitled to make this lawful request. Although legislation enacted in 2001 provides protections, this is not one of them. Sorry to say, you will need to provide the information, but the insurer has a legal duty to safe guard it. California Civil Code § 1798.85.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope this situation gets resolved appropriately.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer