Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REQUIRE THE RECORDING PARTY TO PROVIDE A

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REQUIRE THE RECORDING PARTY TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THE RECORDING. FOR EXAMPLE, BANKS FREQUENTLY SAY THE CONVERSATION IS RECORDED, BUT WHEN I ASK FOR A COPY OF THE RECORDING THEY NEVER COMMIT TO PROVIDE A COPY.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

Thank you for your question,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help with your question,

The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. JustAnswer's policy and State Bar restrictions prohibit any attorney-client relationship, giving legal advice and client representation though this forum. The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed

ANSWER

The obligation of the party doing the recording is to inform the other party that the conversation will be, or may be recorded. They have no obligation to provide us with a copy of the recorded conversation. Once they have informed us that the conversation will be, or may be recorded, we can choose not to be recorded and not to participate in the conversation and simply hang up. I have done that many, many times because I know they have no legal obligation to furnish me with a copy of the recorded conversation.

Please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in helping you

That is the only way I get paid

BONUS and Positive Feedback are appreciated

Best Wishes for a happy, healthy New Year, 2011

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave Positive Feedback