Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Hi, I turn 62 on March 21, 2011. I am told that I should

Customer Question
Hi, I turn 62 on March...

I turn 62 on March 21, 2011. I am told that I should see the Social Security Administration now. Before I throw myself on their mercy, are their any things I should do?

Thank you,

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2011
Lawyer: LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer replied 6 years ago
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with retirement law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Before I throw myself on their mercy, are their any things I should do?" No. Truthfully, there is nothing else to do. Generally, the process of applying for retirement benefits starts three months prior to when you want to start receiving your monthly payments. A handy tool is the Social Security Retirement Planner.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope this situation gets resolved appropriately.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer