How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI, I just represented myself pro-say on a deovo standing

Customer Question


I just represented myself pro-say on a deovo standing trial. I won against two 25 year trial attorneys representing my x partner. I have no legal background. We had 4 days in court and 12 hours of testomony. My question is does them losing to pro-say mess up their record in any way? They seemed to take it very personal and I was just wondering if that is really embarressing to them? And, if so enough to provide free services to my x? Does this loss to me seem worse than others?


Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
It doesn't mess up their record in any way, and there is an old saying that you're not really a trial lawyer until you have lost to a pro se party. It is embarrassing but they aren't likely to provide their services for free just because they lost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.