Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

so i just got a ticket for dissobeying a red light. heres what

so i just got a ticket for dissobeying a red light. heres what happend: i was driving and a cop was behind me and i was looking at him though my rear view mirror and i got a call on my phone. i didnt answer it but i looked at my phone and next thing you know the light in front of me is red. i didnt run through it i locked up my brakes and skid about 5 ft over the cross walk. the cop obviously saw me pulled me over and gave me a 4 pt ticked and a 215 dollar fine. and i could mail in the fine but it wouldnt give me any break on pts or the fine vs going to court. but i was thinking about going to court hoping they could reduce the points do you think this wise or is it a waste of my time, is there something i should tell them other wise etc. because i dont mind paying the fine but im on the verge of loosing my license and i really cant afford any more points.
You have a big problem because you just said you looked away for the road to look at your phone, which means you were not paying attention to driving fully and they will use this against you. Yes, going to court to at least get approval to take the driving school to reduce the points will likely be your only real recourse here.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.