How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if someone has been deported can they come back to america

Resolved Question:

if someone has been deported can they come back to america and try to get therer papers
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

it depends...
when and why were they deported?
do they have any u.s. citizen relatives?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

just in general because my boyfriend said that his friend went to texas and was deported becasue he was not a citizen but when he tried to get his papers he was denied yes he had family here that we citizens


Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
how long was he here before he was deported?
what relatives are u.s. citizens?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
15 years his brothers were citizans
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I see now. Well after he was deported he is now barred for 10 years from returning back to the u.s. and since he has no u.s. citizen wife or child age 21 or older to petition for him, he will have to wait the 10 years before he can come back into the u.s. 10 years is a punishment for being here in the u.s. more than one year out of status. so not much chance of him getting back any time soon.

I hope this helps explain. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.
GeorgetownLawyr and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you