Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

i would like to know if i can sue for slander my name and deformation

Customer Question
of character my supervisor accused...
i would like to know if i can sue for slander my name and deformation of character my supervisor accused me to taking drug and my drug test is positive now i can,t go to work because i feel embarassed can you i sue i would like a lawyer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Was your drug test positive?
negative
i am wating for your answer

Thank you for your patience. I was not on line when you responded.

Consider filing an action against the person for the tort of interference with contract based on a business expectancy and defamation.

To establish a claim for tortious interference with contract, you must show the existence of a valid contractual relationship or business expectancy; the interferer's knowledge of the relationship or expectancy; intentional interference inducing or causing a breach or termination of the relationship or expectancy; and resultant damage to the party whose relationship or expectancy has been disrupted.

Defamation basically consists of: (1) a false statement of fact about another; (2) an unprivileged publication of that statement to a third party; (3) some degree of fault, depending on the type of case; and (4) some harm or damage.

Libel is defamation by the printed word and slander is defamation by the spoken word.

Based upon your post only, you appear to meet all the criteria to establish a claim for tortious interference with contract and defamation.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant