How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i blog on youtube and use a screename.... i am being

This answer was rated:

i blog on youtube and use a screename....
i am being harrased by another user who uses his screen name.....this person has lied about me and posted vile smears about me such as==that i served jail time for child rape,which is totally untrue...
can i legally take action?or because its on youtube and we are annonmous does that negate it? thank you,jack

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

It is possible for you to contact YouTube and ask that such posts be removed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes i do know that i can contact YOUTUBE to remove the vile comments and i did that.....they responded and said they can not do that unless its court ordered!!!as they will not judge the=VERACITY of each post...

my question to you folks was can i take=LEGAL ACTION or is it a waste of time due to our real identies not being posted....its 2 screen names chatting back and forth and the 1 individual has posted vicious smears about me.....including that i molest children.....

thank you for your assistance,jack

A fake name has no legal recourse to claim defamation. There's no reputation to defend. The recourse for the fake name is XXXXX XXXXX a different fake name.

Hope this helps to clarify things.
JB Umphrey and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you