How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42209
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son-in-laws ex girl friend in California keeps writing letters

Resolved Question:

My son-in-laws ex girl friend in California keeps writing letters to his employers requesting his salary, etc info and persists in contacting his employer. We assume that she wants an increase in the child support he already pays to the California DCSS and was mandated by DCSS in San Diego. He is now a resident of South Caroklina and she is still a resident of California and works in a legal office that does not represent her but is apparently guiding her.What if anything can be done to stop the harrassment and if legal action is contemplated should it proceed in California or South Carolina.He has one child by this woman(whom he never married) and one by my daughter whom he married five years ago.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Employer should refuse any such requests because this is private information.You really can't stop someone from making such requests.He can ask that his information remain confidential.It should be any way but it can't hurt.You are limited here because employer shoudl just decline any such requests.It's not illegal for her to ask here unfortunately.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there anything he can do to stop the harassment?


Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
With a local lawyer you could seek restraining order here and then file contempt if she violates.But a lawyer here is going to cost.About the only way to stop it.Certainly you can do so here with your facts.
Ray and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you