How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27200
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Charged with public urination in Harford County MD. Article

This answer was rated:

Charged with public urination in Harford County MD. Article 345 section 11. Ticket states criminal citation. Should I get a lawyer and what is the seriousness of this charge as in jail time or fines.
If you think you may have a legal defense or want to fight the charge, you should obtain an lawyer. It is not likely that you would serve any jail time and a fine and court fees of a few hundred dollars are more likely to occur. You may have to perform some community service and may want to inquire if there is a diversion program for first time offenders to get the charge dismissed.
LegalKnowledge and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If i wish to simply plead guilty is it still worth obtaining a lawyer or would this simply be added cost?
If you are just going to plead guilty and look to resolve it there is not necessarily a lead for an attorney. You want to inquire about the plea deal if you resolve it your first day in court and see if they would be willing to impose to minimum fine and court costs. If so, there would be no need for an attorney if you want to get it over with.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How would I inquire about the plea deal to see if they would be willing to resolve it the first day in court without having to show up to court without an attorney. I would not like to show up, inquire about a plea deal, be told no, and then have no opportunity to obtain counsel.
You have to show up. Once you are there, ask them what the plea offer is. If you do not want to take it or wish to retain an attorney, simply ask for more time and they will likely reset the case and give you time to retain an attorney.